Logan's 1st Stitches!

 We moved Mimi and Poppy to their new house the week after Easter.  It was the girls Spring Break and I took off work to help them move and spend time with the girls.  Amanda, Claire and Camille came into town for the week also.  We worked really hard for 7 days and got them moved and had yard sale at the end of the week.  It was a hard, long and fun week! But... on the day that we took the Uhaul truck to the new house, Logan fell and hit the hitch on the back of the UHaul truck and busted his lip.  I knew once I got a good look at it that it was going to need stitches.   So... we had only been at the new house for 5 minutes when we were off to the Emergency Room to get him stitches.   Mimi rode with us and Aunt Amanda stayed back to help Poppy unload the Uhaul truck.   

We were at the hospital for 6 hours!!  We did have the waiting room to ourselves that had no A/C it seemed.  It was an experience I do not want to go through again.  Logan did great waiting but when it came time to see the doctor.  They told us it would be best to not sedate him due to the side effects of that medicine.  The doc said he would recommend just holding him down till we could get in a few stitches.  They first had us try to put some numbing medicine on his lip.  The doctor wanted us to hold it on there for 25 minutes.  Well no way that was going to happen!  It didn't taste good, and Logan was hitting his teeth against the cut on the inside of his lip while we were trying to hold this cotton ball of numbing gel on his lip.  Logan was screaming and crying and squirming!  Finally, the doc said let's just do it.  They wrapped his arms in the sheet underneath him and Mimi and I held him down while the doctor stuck the needle in his lip to sew him up.  He cried but he didn't give a major flinch when the needle went in so therefore I knew some of the numbing stuff got on his lip.  Praise Jesus! We were praying and asking God to calm him down.  I held Logan's head as I clinched on the the side of the hospital bed with my legs to keep me stable and from holding his head to hard.  We were able to get in three stitches but boy it was rough.  Logan's has never cried that hard.  



He was able to finally figure out how to keep his Paci even with the cut which we think was helping it some.

See why I thought it needed stitches

Mimi trying to entertain Logan in the room.  We were there for 6 hours!!




Logan after the stitches and his bottle of milk.  That was a big part of the problem.  They would not let him drink or eat anything in case they had to sedate him. 

Poppy and Mexican food make everything better!

Here is the culprit of the stitches! Look how big the hitch was.  It could have been much worse!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weston is 2 Years’s old & Hurricane Helene

Boy How Time Flies!

1 Year Old Birthday Party