Another Beach Trip, Kaitlyn turns 11, and the girls start school!
We were able to go the beach again to the Seaside Club at Wrightsville Beach. This was our third or fourth time staying there. It is a big house/country club with about 12 rooms. They cook breakfast and dinner for you the tenants share a shower at the end of the hall. It is oceanfront and the cousins love going with each other! It is a little different but the kids love it.
This year it was a little different due to COVID and a Category 1 Hurricane due to hit the Monday we were there. It was only us and one other group that were staying there when we got there. So we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. We were a little nervous about bringing a baby just in case he cried through the night or needed quiet to take naps. But... Logan is such a chill baby that he did wonderful! We brought the pack and play and he did great! He took naps in Mimi's arms a lot. Mimi had knee surgery about 3 months prior and even thought we lost power and the elevator broke, Mimi was able to tackle the stairs.
So we can now say, we sat through a Category 1 Hurricane. Josh and the girls stayed oceanfront while Logan and I stayed at Aunt Amanda's house. They said it was really loud.
August included this beach trip and Josh starting a new job at 84 Lumber. Josh has to be at his job at 7 AM so that means our mornings look different. Logan has been sleeping till about 7 or 7:30 am and then Josh took Logan to Nana's on his way to the YMCA in the morning. So this meant that I would need to take him to Nana's in the morning and Josh would be leaving the house at 6:30 am. We transitioned pretty good. I have been waking Logan up around 6:30-6:45 am, spend some time with him and then take him to Nana's around 7:20-7:30 am so that I can get back home and start work at 8 am. I am working from home right now totally and not going into the Regus Office due to COVID. I mainly work Monday through Thursday 8 am till 3:30 pm. The girls are set to start school August 17th on Kaitlyn's birthday and it will be fully remote/at home for now.
We moved Kaitlyn's desk into my office/nursery so that one of them can work in there with me and I can keep an eye on them.
| This picture is of Logan on the dock at the Seaside Club. This was the first time he stood up against something! He was sitting by his Mimi. |
![]() |
| The older cousins |
![]() |
| I thought this was a great picture of us! I am one blessed wife and mother!! |
![]() |
| He still loves his Paci aka Bobby |
| Logan's first time on a boat. He was a little unsure at first but then he relaxed. He didn't care for the life jacket he had to wear. He eventually fell asleep to the movement and noise. |
| Look at that smiley face! |
| Sweet Daddy picture with his boy. We went out to eat at the Oceanic and Logan is wearing his new outfit that Mimi and Poppy bought him. |
| Us on the beach. We bought two umbrellas trying to give us shade. |
| I was able to sneak in a picture with Addison! |
| Notice Logan's shark bathing suit |
| Mimi working on the girls' nails out in the common area at the Seaside Club |
| Daddy's New Job!!! We are so proud of him stepping out of his comfort zone and trying something new. He has been wanting to get into Sales for a long time! |
| Notice Logan running away from his picture! It is much harder for me to get him to stay still! |
| Ah! I got him for a second! |
| I took the girls to Dupont and this was Victoria's first time at the river! |
| Josh wasn't with us so it was just me and the kids at the river. Logan always does well! |
| Kaitlyn turns 11 !!! And it is their first day of school - Online! |
| Nana and Jeff came over for an early breakfast and Nana brought her this cute sign to put on the porch. |
| Addison getting ready to login to her first class online for the first day of school |
| We had a few friends over for Kaitlyn's birthday and we did takeout. Again it is a weird birthday because we are still in COVID times and you can't have large crowds. |
| Look at Logan trying to crawl! |
![]() |
| I thought these were precious pictures of Logan trying to catch the flower blowing in the wind. |









Comments