Logan's Arrival January 16, 2020
Well, today is February 28th, 2020 and Logan is 6 weeks old. It has taken me this long to do his first post.
Logan arrived on Thursday, January 16th at 5:18 pm. I was induced at 39 weeks because Dr. Arcara believed that 39 weeks had proven to be a good time to be induced with lower rates of complications. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. Nana, aka Linda Simpson, spent the night with us and we all got up and made it to the hospital before 5:30 am. We were all very excited to meet Logan. I gained about 45 pounds through the pregnancy and my feet were very swollen the last week. Overall though, the pregnancy was smooth and Logan moved a lot in my stomach.
The girls did not want to miss out on anything and wanted to get there with me at 5:30 am. They wanted to watch the nurses hook me up to the IVs and the Petocin. Addison asked questions and Kaitlyn mainly watched. Addison then had Nana take her to school so she didn't miss her Exams. I started feeling some contractions after lunch and then asked for my epidural shortly after. It took them a while to put my epidural in. Kaitlyn was the one person that go to stay in the room while they put it in. The rest of labor was pretty smooth except for Logan's heart rate dropping twice. I had to lay on my side for the rest of the labor with a large exercise ball in between my legs. Dr. Arcara had them insert a monitor on Logan's head to get a better reading of his heart beat. Nana and Mimi, both grandmothers, were in the room as well as Josh during the delivery. Logan came out with a head full of hair and strong lungs. I was in love at first sight.
Logan was placed on my chest as soon as he came out and stayed there for almost 1 and half hours before anyone else came in to see him. They weighed him later that night. He weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces at birth and he was 20 inches long. Visitors on his first day of birth included Nana, Mimi and Poppy, Uncle Jeff, Kim Pearson, Kelly Bailey and Meredith Merrill.
The girls loved hanging out at the hospital for the next two days. We went home on Saturday with our little boy. We were welcomed with blue balloons on the mailbox and blue streamers inside, special thanks to Addison and Kaitlyn. Mimi and Poppy had stayed at the house with the girls while were at the hospital.
Logan arrived on Thursday, January 16th at 5:18 pm. I was induced at 39 weeks because Dr. Arcara believed that 39 weeks had proven to be a good time to be induced with lower rates of complications. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. Nana, aka Linda Simpson, spent the night with us and we all got up and made it to the hospital before 5:30 am. We were all very excited to meet Logan. I gained about 45 pounds through the pregnancy and my feet were very swollen the last week. Overall though, the pregnancy was smooth and Logan moved a lot in my stomach.
The girls did not want to miss out on anything and wanted to get there with me at 5:30 am. They wanted to watch the nurses hook me up to the IVs and the Petocin. Addison asked questions and Kaitlyn mainly watched. Addison then had Nana take her to school so she didn't miss her Exams. I started feeling some contractions after lunch and then asked for my epidural shortly after. It took them a while to put my epidural in. Kaitlyn was the one person that go to stay in the room while they put it in. The rest of labor was pretty smooth except for Logan's heart rate dropping twice. I had to lay on my side for the rest of the labor with a large exercise ball in between my legs. Dr. Arcara had them insert a monitor on Logan's head to get a better reading of his heart beat. Nana and Mimi, both grandmothers, were in the room as well as Josh during the delivery. Logan came out with a head full of hair and strong lungs. I was in love at first sight.
Logan was placed on my chest as soon as he came out and stayed there for almost 1 and half hours before anyone else came in to see him. They weighed him later that night. He weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces at birth and he was 20 inches long. Visitors on his first day of birth included Nana, Mimi and Poppy, Uncle Jeff, Kim Pearson, Kelly Bailey and Meredith Merrill.
The girls loved hanging out at the hospital for the next two days. We went home on Saturday with our little boy. We were welcomed with blue balloons on the mailbox and blue streamers inside, special thanks to Addison and Kaitlyn. Mimi and Poppy had stayed at the house with the girls while were at the hospital.
Dr. Arcara Delivered all three of My Children. She is great!!
A Picture of Josh while I was in Labor
![]() |
| The Girls Were Super Anxious While I was In Labor. They Helped Adjust Me and Get Me Things When I needed Something. You can See the Big Ball under the Blanket that I had to Keep in Between My Legs. |
He's Here!!!!! Oh How Precious!! I was so Thankful to Have Him In My Arms!
I Sang "Jesus Loves Me" to him when he was on my Chest and it Seemed to Calm Him.
![]() |
| Our First Family Picture of Five!!! |
Proud Daddy
Proud Big Sis #1
Proud Big Sis #2
Proud Uncle Jeff!
Checking Logan out with the Nurse
My sweet friends Kelly Bailey and Meredith Merrill coming to visit the night Logan was born
Proud Mimi
Proud Nana
Checking Logan out with the Nurse
My sweet friends Kelly Bailey and Meredith Merrill coming to visit the night Logan was born
Proud Mimi
Proud Nana
Isn't He Adorable!
A picture of My Swollen Ankles the Night Before Logan was Born

















Comments