Weston Arrives on October 3rd, 2022 at 11:47 am
Mimi got the cupcake with the blue inside but so did Amanda. I accidentally left out two with the blue
Dr. Arcara took this picture when she was checking to see if Weston was breach. She did confirm he was breech so she pressed on my stomach and was able to get home to move in th office. When we saw this picture, we all were nervous his nose was going to be very big :).
Dr. Arcara wanted to induce me at 39 weeks again like she did with Logan. She said studies had shown this was a good time due to lowest risk for mother and baby. 39 weeks fell on a weekend so she induced me on the Monday following which was October 3rd. We had to be at the hospital at 5:00 am. Nana stayed at the house with the children. The girls went on to school and were to be picked up later.
I was induced like all of the other times except that this time she did use a balloon to help me dilate faster. Now, Weston had been breach three weeks prior but Dr. arcara was able to get him turned and he was still head down. At about 11:00 am, Dr. arcara came in to check me and she realized that Weston’s umbilical cord was coming out beside his head. Her tone. And demeanor immediately changed and she called for an emergency c-section. She then noticed something on the other side of his head in the north canal and that was his hand! Weston’s hand was coming out in front of his head and therefore another reason to have a C-section. So… they rushed me to the operating room and about 20 minutes later Weston was born!! I do remember the nurses having to help Josh get on his sterile outfit which I thought was funny. It was music to my ears to hear Weston cry!!! He did have cord wrapped around his neck but he was a healthy little boy weighing 7 pounds, 9 ounces 20 inches long.
It was way different with a C-section as I was numb from my chest down after the surgery. They brought him to my chest shortly after they took him out and the first thing I remember noticing was the dimple in his chin 🥰. I also remember him holding his head up when he was laying up on my neck and thinking he has just been born - look how strong!
I will admit it was a little scary for all of us going into an Emergency C-section but God was in control and he relieved to us a perfectly healthy baby boy.
We stayed in the hospital two nights like the other two times and Mimi and Poppy stayed with the children at the house. We came home Wednesday night and Tonya Bartley brought us a meal that night.
I was not prepared for the pain that a C-section came with as it hurt pretty bad to get up and down. I took Tylenol and Ibuprofen around the clock and had to get Josh to help me get out of the bed many times. The first two weeks were the worst and then it slowly got better.



















Comments