Beach Trip, Clemson Game, and Josh's Football Game

It has been a busy few last weeks. We went to Atlantic Beach, NC and stayed for a few days for Josh's work trip. I decided since I was on maternity leave and we had the option to go and stay at an oceanfront hotel with Josh we would take advantage of it. I was a little nervous about the 7 and 1/2 hour drive with Addison but she did wonderful. She didn't even ask for the Elmo DVD until we were over half way there. Kaitlyn might have even fussed more than Addison and that was just about the last 30 minutes. Josh was in a conference all day so the girls and I hung out in the hotel room that overlooked the ocean all day. I was also nervous about all of us sleeping in the same room. I wasn't sure if Addison would go down fine if we awake still in the room but she went down great all three nights and so did Kaitlyn. One funny/gross story from the trip was when Josh got Addison out of her pack n play the second morning she had went to the bathroom real bad, but we didn't know that then, and when he picked her up, she threw her bottom towards his face and next thing I know he screamed Ugh, Ugh!!!! I was like, "What is wrong?" He said, "I have crap on my face!!!!!" It was very funny for me but not for him. Before the trip, I decided to break down and buy one of those leashes that people put on their children. I just decided that if I wanted to take both girls on the beach by myself that I was going to have to have one of those so I did it. I bought one and used it. I had Kaitlyn in the Bjorn carrier and Addison was walking with her leash on. It worked pretty well. Addison enjoyed the ocean this beach trip not so much when we went back in September. This time she kept wading through the water.
The next adventure we had was the Clemson vs. Florida State Football Game. Josh's parents kept both girls and Josh, Billy, one of our friends and I went to the game. We had a blast tailgating with my dad, brother and his wife and watching the game and if anyone doesn't know Clemson did win. We got home at 3 am! We spent the night at the Simpson's so I could nurse Kaitlyn at the 6 am feeding. On Sunday Josh played in a Flag Football Game. It was the Asheville Police Department versus the NC State Troopers. I decided to go even though I didn't have anyone to go with me to help with both girls. Thank goodness I found out that Jennifer McCall was going to be there and she said she would help with them. Addison had a blast playing with Jennifer and the other children that were there. This was the first time that I got to watch her play with other children this much. In case you are wandering the Asheville Police Department won.

Lastly, was the trip to Virginia Beach with Kim. Josh's mom kept Addison and Kaitlyn and I rode with Kim and Miles (her dog) to move them to Virginia. It was horrible weather on the way down there but we survived. It was a funny sight to see Kaitlyn, Miles (a Golden Retriever) and I all in the back seat. When we arrived in Virginia Beach many of the roads were flooded and street lights were out. We had power when we got there but not for long. It was a neat experience hanging out in the dark with no furniture. Their furniture had not arrived yet. We did have a pack-n-play for Kaitlyn though. It was funny how early we went to bed with out the television. Kaitlyn and I had a great time with Kim and Don. We flew out on Sunday from Norfolk. I was nervous about going through the airport with Kaitlyn all by myself without Josh but we made it due to many people helping us. Praise the Lord that Kaitlyn did perfect on both plane rides. I was very excited to see Addison and Josh. They picked us up from the airport and then we met Aunt Amanda and Miss Claire who is now 3 weeks old and Uncle Brock and Aunt Miranda at Iannuci's Italian Restaurant. It was great getting to see them. Amanda and Claire spent Sunday night with us and we really enjoyed their company. I think that is enough for now. I have to go to bed now.
Kaitlyn with her cousin Claire
Uncle Brock with two of his youngest nieces
Kaitlyn on her first plane ride
Aunt Kim and Kaitlyn, this trip was the most time Kim had been able to spend with Kaitlyn because usually Addison takes so much of her attention when we are together

Don watching Kaitlyn for us, Notice the nice furniture (There was none)

This was the first time Don got to see Kaitlyn and the first time he held a baby

Kaitlyn smiling
Addison loves for Aunt Kim to read her books

Last Sunday night hanging out with Kim
Kaitlyn out by the campfire also
Out by the campfire at Joseph and Kelly's
Proud Daddy after his game
Kaitlyn in her flower toboggan at the football game

She wanted not one football but two!
Addison went down to the field with Jennifer to give Daddy some Gatorade

Kaitlyn in her bassinet for the last time


All of us at the CLEMSON game

I actually got them in the same picture
Taking pictures in the hotel room
In the car...
Addison with her puppy dog leash on
Addison playing on the luggage cart in the hotel room

Comments

thegirlsofgrace said…
Great pictures Laura! We loved having yal here of course. We are finally sitting on our couch now!!
Claudia said…
Addison has such a flirty smile - I know Josh is excited about that ... he he he.

Can't believe how big Kaitlyn is ... wow!! It seems like it was yesterday when I saw her for the first time.

You survived your first plane ride with a child, congratulations, you do it once you can always do it again. :0)

Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Weston is 2 Years’s old & Hurricane Helene

Boy How Time Flies!

1 Year Old Birthday Party