Fall and Winter with Kaitlyn 12, Addison 13 and Logan just under 2

Fall of 2021- Addison is 13, Kaitlyn is 12 and Logan just under 2.  I love Fall and the smells and the football games and the bonfires!  Addison finished up her cross country season doing well.  She didn’t train prior to the season or her times would have been better. She shaved time off her score every meet.  Her goal next year is to get in shape prior to the season. Kaitlyn wrapped up school volleyball and tried out for the travel ball team at Excel sports.  She made it and now we are travel ball parents.   

Well Covid finally hit us! Josh got Covid from a co-worker he went to lunch with. He thought it was just allergies but his work made him test prior to coming back to work and his test came back positive.  We tried to quarantine from him in the house but it was hard. I slept in Addison’s room for a few days.  Josh never stopped working.  He just worked from the house.  We realized he could probably never work from home solely, he gets too stir crazy. He had to stay home around 10 days.  We thought we were out of the woods but then I woke up with a fever and a little achy.  I decided to go get tested because it was our neices  wedding for Danielle Houston and I didn’t want to go and infect anyone.  It came back positive.  So I rested that Friday, the girls and Josh went on to the wedding on Saturday. They had bought dresses and were really excited about getting to go to a wedding and be there with their cousins     They danced and  had a lot  of fun   Addison unfortunately  tested positive the next day! 

She missed basketball tryouts at school due to being quarantined.  That was a big bummer.  Addison didn’t really have any symptoms. I lost my taste and smell for almost two weeks and that was horrible.  I didn’t realize how much I look forward to the taste of food.  I also had this weird feeling of pain in my body that I couldn’t feel.  It was like part of my insides were numb.  It eventually went away. 

Towards the end of our quarantine, we went to the Apple Orchards to do our annual trip to get apples, snacks, do the corn maize, apple cider donuts. Addison and I beat Josh and Kaitlyn by a long shot in the corn maize race.  

We took Logan to his first WNC fair.  He loves it ! He loved the rides and all of the lights. The girls did too as well.  They also likes riding with him and seeing him get excited. 

I got in a girls trip to Charleston, Isle of Palms in September with Holly, Kim and Kelly.  It was a lot fun!  At the end of it my sister drove down and picked me up because she found me a van in wilmington to replace my wrecked Toyota van.  So we drove and got my my 2013 Honda Odyssey and then drove back on Monday to get back for work. 

Logan loves his John Deere hat that our neighbor Bill gave him so for Halloween I was trying to think of something to implement his hat.  I looked for costumes forever but couldn’t find something cute and that he would keep on.  We ended up with him being a Farmer and I made him a tractor out of our wagon.  This was  partly so people would know what he was dressed up as. Kaitlyn helped me paint the wagon pieces. Logan definitely got the hang of trick or treating!  He ate a lot of candy! Unfortunately, Addison had to be quarantined for Halloween and wasn’t able to trick-or-treat.  Her friends came to our neighborhood and brought.her a bag of candy and they ate some together in the garage. 

We were able to get in a few hikes in the fall on Sunday afternoons.  Logan really enjoys the hikes and the girls do too if they can bring a friend along.  Logan would tell Josh “let’s go!” “Ready hike” 


For thanksgiving we went to visit aunt Jenny in Georgia.   Josh only got to come for a short period due to work.  There was no water at her house while we were there so that made it interesting.  Logan loves Jenny’s Christmas decorations!  She had multiple trees and light up figures.  We did our annual Black Friday shopping while nana kept Logan.  

We decided we would get a real tree this year because the girls had never had one.  I envisioned us going to a tree farm and cutting one down but we ran out of time and kaitlyn had volleyball practice so we ended up getting one from mills river Methodist church.    I am not sure the girls thought it was as exciting having a real tree as they thought it would be.  

I tried to get in fun Christmas activities since things had started opening back up after Covid.     We went to the downtown Hendersonville Christmas night and had a lot of fun.   Logan wasn’t afraid of Santa. He wanted the candy cane they were handing out after you saw Santa. 

Logan loves getting out pots and pans and either making music or pretending to cook food.  He takes the water pale off the fireplace and pretends that is a drum.  This will entertain him for a while.  He really seems to enjoy making a beat.  

We stayed at Mimi and Poppy’s for a weekend d for our Christmas together verses renting a Christmas house. We started out with watching the lights in Tryon and then the second night we did presents.  It was nice to have all of the grandchildren at mimi’s nice new house.   

For Christmas, Mimi and Poppy came and spent the night and then Nana, Jenny and Jeff came early in the morning.  We were excited to see Logan’s reaction to the gifts.  He got the yellow little tykes car that he helped put together and he got a tool bench.  Logan loves tools and helping put stuff together.   He got the hang of opening presents real quick.  The girls got mainly clothes for Christmas this year.   We did our normal and went to Nanas next for Christmas present there. They all get us way too much.  Logan got a ride on John Deere tractor there!  He loved it!!




Picture of us getting our first tree

Logan playing with lots and pans
Logan putting together his yellow car. 
Cooking on Thanksgiving Day! It was a lot of fun having us all in the kitchen. 
I think this was Logan’s second haircut 
All of the grandchildren at Mimi’s table 

Christmas at Nanas
Logan sitting with Santa for the first time. I am not sure what he was thinking
Addison getting her eyebrows waxed for the first time 
Josh and I in our Christmas pajamas
Got to have picture of two other family members.  They do love each other 
Logan entertaining himself in Mocha’s cage 
Handsome daddy and son
Snuggle time on Christmas morning
Chilling with daddy with their Christmas pajamas
Logan got a guitar!
The girls dancing at Danielle’s wedding 
Hiking trip
Addison reading Logan a book he got from Ms. Cathy 

Christmas morning after Santa came 
Logan watching Addison play Fortnite and eventually he just fell asleep on her. Isn’t this so sweet. 
Logan’s big boy tractor!
Logan contemplating playing with the fire hydrant at one of Kaitlyns volleyball games. We let him run around in between her games. 
 
Miranda took our family pictures so that I could send out a family Christmas card to my clients. 
Decorating gingerbread houses. 
Kaitlyn and mama date- Kaitlyn chose Thai


Addison and her friends on New Year’s Eve


Birthday lunch for poppy Ken

Nana and her girls 
Mama and her boy
Mimi and Poppy with their little farmer
Logan riding his first ride at the fair
Josh and I at Leo and Suzie’s wedding
             Addison with friends finishing up         Cross Country
                              Fair rides!
                           Farmer Logan
                            Matching triplets
Addison after her haircut that took forever because she first had to get the knots out of her hair before the beautician could cut her hair
Logan has a spoon out stirring Logan’s dogfood and then he is licking the spool!!
                         Hiking tip out at Bearwallow

                 My new ride- 2013 Honda odyssey
Carving pumpkins 
Kaitlyns new haircut 
Our house decorated for halloweeen. Some of the houses in our neighborhood go way out. 
Nana with her farmer 
Me entertaining Logan  while I had to keep him home while Nana had Covid and work at same time.  Praise Jesus that Nana didn’t get it bad. 
Sissy pushing Logan around the neighborhood 
Addison and after we won the corn maize race
Family picture from the wedding 
Ready to go to their first wedding they they will remember. Mimi bought them dresses. 
Girls trip at isle of Palms 
Logan getting taste of Four wheeler
Logan fixing the door jam
The tractor that Kaitlyn and I made 
Fair ride
Hiking trip

Me and my Kaitlyn 
The cats and the farmer
Mimi having fun with Logan - riding his tricycle 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weston is 2 Years’s old & Hurricane Helene

Boy How Time Flies!

1 Year Old Birthday Party