Time Flies When You are Having Fun!

 Whoah! It has been way too long since I wrote my last blog on here.   So…having three children makes life a little busy with not a lot of downtime.  But I love it!!! I wouldn’t have it any other way! I love the age of the girls and Logan is a blessing to all of us! I am writing to make up for the last 4-6 months so hoping I can remember some details. 

 

Addison turned 13 on April 21st and she chose for me to take her friends to Big Air Trampoline Park in Spartanburg on Friday night and then the Asheville mall on Saturday.  We ended up doing her cake in the parking lot really late on Friday night before we headed back up the mountain.  Nana and Mimi came along.  She chose a Dairy Queen Icecream cake.  For Addison's actual birthday, we went to Papas and Beer and she invited Victoria to come with her. 







We started our bedroom addition in April and was completed by July or August. We ended up using Mike Wyant that lives in the neighborhood and we were very pleased.  We added a large Master Bedroom along with a walk-in closet and large Bathroom.  We decided to add another room in order to create Logan his own room.  As he was still in our room at 18 months in the pack-in-play.  Addison moved to our old room and Logan got his own room. 


 

First, we added another drain line in our septic field to be able to add a fourth bedroom.  They then started taking off the brick off the back of the house. 

 




Also in April, Josh and I were able to get away for the weekend and we went to my sister’s Condo in Sugar Mountain. It was great! They have a hot tub and we did a lot of relaxing! Addison did Track in the April,  She mainly ran the 800 meters and then she tried hurdles toward the end of the season and did really well.







Logan loves his sisters and really loves his sisters.  He starts dancing anytime he hears music.   He still loves his Pacifier.  He only likes one kind. It is the Advent Mam. He loves watching the men work on the addition outside the windows.  He also loves looking at all of their tools.  He is all boy.








The girls were finally able to go back to school in the spring of their 7th and 5th grade years although they had to wear masks at all times.  I was not able to visit Kaitlyn for lunch during her last year of elementary school.  That was very sad to me.  Although, I did get to attend her Field Day.  That was a lot of fun and I got to meet a lot of her friends.  She ended up having a drive by Graduation. 




In June, we went to visit Aunt Amanda in Wilmington.  Addison wanted to do Surf lessons so we signed her up for the first week after they got of school..  She did it with her cousins Claire and Camille.  This was Logan’s first real trip to beach now that he could walk.   He loved playing in the sand and he didn’t seemed bothered by the sand or the cold water.  The water was freezing to me of course.  Logan wore his swimmies for the first time and they didn’t seem to bother him.  I was nervous about having him near water now that he can run everywhere but having on the life jacket made me feel much better, especially when were on the dock. 









 Logan was able to play Ted’s drumset while were there and oh boy! He loved this! He didn’t want to be taken from the drum set.  He got the hang of the beat very fast. I only took videos of him playing on the drums and no photos to be able to post. 

We did some outdoor trips over the summer.  We finally found the smaller version of Sliding Rock in Pisgah Forest and took the girls and some of their friends there.  I could not slide down it as the water was just too cold!! Logan on the other hand, loved it!  Josh took him down multiple times. 

 





In June, we also visited the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in Willamstown, Kentucky.  This was a trip we had planned the April after COVID hit.  We had to reschedule it two times.   We went with Nana, Jeff and Jenny.  We stayed in an adorable Airbnb and had a wonderful time.  Seeing the ARK in person was breathtaking due to its size.  I believe the girls enjoyed the trip.  We met a client of mine that lives there and she showed us around making sure we didn’t miss anything.  We really wanted this trip to be impactful to the girls in developing and growing their faith.  This day in time, they are taught in schools about Evolution verses Creation by a God.   The children enjoyed getting to pet all of the animals and Addison got to see some sloths.  We were hoping to get to hold one but that didn’t end up happening.  We tested out Logan’s backpack leash while we there and it didn’t seem to bother him.  This allowed us to let him down at times. 











Hannah and Joseph came in for July 4th as this has become a tradition that we love! The girls really cherish this time with them.  They are like their cool young parents!  They play games with the girls and really pour into them.   This was their first time meeting Logan.  Hannah brought her guitar and we worshipped together at home on the Sunday they were there.  Logan had play guitar and played right along with Hannah.  Again, he seems to love music.  We went down to our neighborhood park for the wonderful Firework show.  Logan wasn’t scared this year at the loud noises. We took Hannah and Joseph to Sliding Rock while in town. 











Logan discovered the hose pipe in our yard and has the strength to pull the nozzle.  So if you are around him when the water is on and the hose pipe is near, you better watch out!  He will spray you and just laugh!!!  He loves playing in the water.  He likes filling up bucket of water, pouring them out, and then refilling.  We took Logan on his first river trip in July.  He sat in a tube with Josh and floated the river. I was a little nervous about this but he had his life jacket on and he had a blast.  He did want to hang over the side of the tube and splash the water. 


 

I believe we were finally able to visit Nannie in the nursing home in June! It had been forever since we couldn’t visit her due to COVID.  I was so thankful to finally give her a hug even if I did have to wear a mask.   I was able to take the girls to see her In July.  

 


We went on our family vacation to San Antonio this year.  The girls chose San Antonio versus the beach.  We had a really good time.  We stopped in New Orleans on the way down and that was an “Experience” for the girls.  We saw an actual drug deal go down beside us outside of the car while we were waiting at a red light.   We visited many of our friends while we were there and we were able to go tubing along with visiting Schlitterbahn.   We also ate lunch with my PAX family one day to see the family.  Patrick and Kelly were able to see Logan for the first time also. We ate some good while in Texas due to us visiting our favorite restaurants while we were there.  We ate at the infamous Bonzai and Rudy's.  We also visited Landa Park and Bucces while in town.  














Trip to Bucees!!!










I am going to share pictures of Logan loving on Mocha.  He loves trying to hold Mocha but I am not sure she loves it!! Logan is still loving anything that looks like a tool! Josh got a new Dewalt drill and he loves to pretend he is fixing things.  Addison loves helping Poppi or Daddy fix things as well. 




Kaitlyn got to go to Clayton King's Church camp and had a blast. Addison didn't go since she chose Surf Camp and we thought she was going to be doing competitive gymnastics but figured out it was just too expensive.  

Our bedroom addition was completed in August and turned out really nice!





Addison's new bedroom with a bathroom     

Kaitlyn's bedroom Remodel    

Mimi and Poppy kept Logan one day while I had a client meeting near their house.  Mimi gave him a bath in her sink and he loved it! Mimi just loves getting to keep Logan anytime she gets the chance.  




Kaitlyn turned 12 on August 17th! I just can't believe I have a 12 year old and 13 year old!  Kailtyn chose Papas and Beer also for her birthday and had a friends birthday party at the house with a huge slide!



Both girls chose Papas and Beer for their Birthday Meals


The huge waterslide we had delivered for Kaitlyn's birthday party




Logan and his daddy downtown Hendersonville

Logan and his daddy's new drill. This boy loves tools!!!!

Addison and Kaitlyn had their first day of Sixth and Eigth Grade!  I was just thankful they were able to go to school in person and not virtual! Shortly after, Logan started the Mother's Morning Out Program at Hendersonville First Baptist.  I was nervous about how he would do but he has done great.  They get him out of the car and he hasn't cried once!  Now he does fall asleep a few minutes after he gets in the car every time.  He goes from 8:30 till 11;30 am.  Our plan is to take him about two days a week but it is very flexible.  




Kaitlyn has really taken up volleyball.   She did a few 6-week sessions at XCell sports and then she decided to tryout for the Rugby Middle School team and she made it as a 6th Grader!!! I was so proud of her for trying out and even more proud that she made it.  Volleyball at Rugby is very competitive.  She has a natural serve.  Her coach is tough but that is good for Kaitlyn. 





Sad Day.  Nannie passed away on August 19th, two days after Kailtyn's birthday.  Nannie got a bed sore about 1 1/2 months prior and she went down hill after that. We were all able to visit with her before she passed.  She was able to finally meet Logan in person and she pointed out his little shoes.  Nannie was a special person.   Nannie loved and I mean loved her grandchildren.  She loved to hear how the girls were doing and what they were up to.  She took a lot of time to pick just the right gifts for the children.  She also loved her work.  She worked the week prior to her having the stroke she had that put her in the nursing home.  Nannie passed away 12 days after her 87th birthday.  Nannie took care of people for her work and she loved doing it.  She had a strong work ethic and was still learning new things up until her stroke.  

Nannie's funeral and visitation was on August 27th. Unfortunately, someone ran into my van on the way to the visitation.  My van ended up being totaled I was still able to make the visitation on time.  




Kaitlyn really took up volleyball.   She did a few 6-week sessions at XCell sports and then she decided to tryout for the Rugby Middle School team and she made it as a 6th Grader!!! I was so proud of her for trying out and even more proud that she made it.  Volleyball at Rugby is very competitive.  She has a natural serve.  Her coach is tough but that is good for Kaitlyn. 

Addison had Cross Country in the fall as well as Kaitlyn's Volleyball so it made for a busy fall.  



Logan started a Mother's Morning Program in September.  He loves it!  He has never cried when dropping him off.  He goes to Hendersonville First Baptist Program.  



Logan loves his Poppy! I just love this picture!!!

I took Logan on a date after I picked him up from his program one day.  We went to Aly Cat. 


Logan and his daddy in Josh's new chair in the new bedroom.

Boy Cousins

Logan and his sissy.  He still hasn't said Kaitlyn's name yet.  He says Addy but not Kaitlyn. Logan is saying a lot more words now at 23 months. 

Nana's birthday!  Kaitlyn made her another birthday cake.  As you can see Logan is checking out the icing. 


Logan's first trip to Waffle House


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weston is 2 Years’s old & Hurricane Helene

Boy How Time Flies!

1 Year Old Birthday Party