My Addison is Getting ready to turn 3 Years Old!

Boy, I can’t believe I just wrote that statement above.  Boy how time flies.  I can’t believe Addison is getting ready to turn three in 4 days!  It makes me sad that she is growing up so fast and speaking like a little adult sometimes and then that Kaitlyn will be two right around the corner. 

Well I haven’t put a post on here in a few months due to the craziness of two little ones that are so active now. 

Since I last put a post on here, we have had a major loss in our family.  Josh'’s father passed away on February 10th at their home on a Thursday night.  The girls and I were with my mom in Wilmington on a work trip/mini vacation to see my sister when we got the phone call.  I am crying as I type this as I think about what a special man we lost that night.  I know that Frank is in a better place and that he is not worried about us but it has still been hard.  Frank was the best Father-in-law I could have ever asked for and I am so lucky that he was able to help raise my little girls for the time that he did.  I know that God knows what he is doing and this is part of his plan and the timing of when we got pregnant with Addison and Kaitlyn was his plan.  We weren’t sure how to approach Addison when told her about Poppy.  Josh decided to pull her outside away from everyone and tell her.  And all Josh could say was, “Poppy died, Poppy died.”  It was the truth and it was a time of pain for Josh especially.  He explained that Poppy had gone to Heaven to be with Jesus and she said shortly after, “I want to go to Heaven with him”  Addison talks of Poppy a lot and she says such things as “Poppy is in Heaven, he is not sick any more, Why was Poppy in that Jewelry box, I miss him,” She often encourages and comforts us when we cry especially Linda.  She will say …  Kaitlyn will say Poppy when she sees pictures of him.  I have never lost someone so close and I have to say this has been really hard.  It has been especially hard to see Nana (Linda) hurt and grieve and not know what to do for her.  So many times if I wake up in the middle of the night  I pray for her and when I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is pray for her.  The girls and I pray for her when we are on our way over there in the mornings.  To Frank: You were an inspiration to me as you went through so much chemo/radiation.  You never complained or seemed worried about the cancer.  You were an awesome father to your children.  And I am so glad that you are the grandfather to my girls.  They will always be the person they are because of you.

On a different note, as I said earlier Addison is getting ready to turn three years old.  She is now potty trained with very few accidents.  She has been wearing panties for about 6 weeks now.  I decided to get her a stool/potty so she could use it to get on the big potty easier and thought I could use the portable potty for when we took trips.  To my surprise that is all she needed to be fully potty trained.  She got so excited about her little potty that sings when you go to the bathroom that she loved going to the bathroom.  She uses her small potty sometimes and the big potty.  Usually her potty sits in the living room floor and so Kaitlyn sees her go to the potty and so Kaitlyn usually will take her pants and diaper off and try to go herself.  Kaitlyn will sit perched on the potty and then get off and squat down to look into the potty to see if she did anything.  She hasn’t went yet but one day she will and I am assuming it will be much sooner than Addison since she sees Addison and she always wants to do what Addison does. 

Addison Sayings: Addison told Nana this week that she “loves Nathan” . It is one of her friends that she mentions sometimes.  So this was a big comment in our household this week.   Addison has also stating recently, “Are you going to spank Kaitlyn?  You need to spank Kaitlyn.”  Addison’s Sunday School teacher told me this morning that she is quite motherly to the other children.  I asked if she was patient with the other children and they said she was very patient.  Their preschool teacher told me the other day that Addison makes sure Kaitlyn gets to her class each morning and that Addison carries both of their bags.  I thought this was sweet.  She also recently told me she wanted me to have a baby and that she wanted to have a baby in her tummy.  These comments mainly stem from my friend Kelly who is pregnant with baby Ella.  Addison is very excited about holding baby Ella.   Addison tells me a lot that she loves me and it just melts my heart.   She has recently gotten into me painting her nails and fingernails and me curling her hair with hot rollers.  She still enjoys sucking her thumb and that doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon.  I am not sure when I need to start doing something about that.  

As far as Kailtyn, she is a handful of love.  She is still all over the place climbing on everything.  She doesn’t know what the word gentle means.  Overall she is still a mommy’s girl.   She loves tags.  She loves the tags on everything.  She will find tags on towels, her mattress, all of her stuffed animals, bags…  Her favorite stuffed animal is this ugly yellow and orange 5 foot snake that was Addison’s.  She loves it for the tag it has.  She loves her paci which she calls “Boppy”  She is saying more and more.  She has been saying Doggie and Jesus a lot.  She loves to clap during certain songs.  Kaitlyn is really sweet sometimes when she hears Addison say she wants something like her blanket and Kaitlyn will go find it in the house and then bring it to Addison.  Kaitlyn is still taking two naps a day on the days that she is not at school and Addison still takes one nap a day around 1 or 1:30 PM. 

 

IMG_0231 Playing with their baby dolls

IMG_0235IMG_0304 Date night at the Biltmore Estate for a Church Function

IMG_0342 Addison helping Meredith blow our her Birthday candles just so she can make sure she is first to get some of that icing :)

IMG_0338 Nana and Kaitlyn making a picture of the girls handprints along with Poppy’s

IMG_0286 Addison and Aunt Jenny

IMG_0363 Nana and her girls

IMG_0382 Mommy and Kaitlyn

IMG_0192 IMG_0411The girls playing patty cake

IMG_0421  The girls helping Mimi with her Birthday Cake

IMG_0462

IMG_2713

An example of Kaitlyn and what she gets herself into – She got herself stuck in the bottom of the strollerIMG_0474IMG_0486   Our trip to visit Aunt Jenny  I didn’t know she could even swing by herself on a big swing!

IMG_0498IMG_0501IMG_0509 The girls and their Aunt Jenny

IMG_0525 Kelly, Meredith and Mommy on St. Patrick’s Day Birthday 

IMG_0536 Addison and Harper Ann Maltby

IMG_0541IMG_0542IMG_0546IMG_0551matching outfits thanks to Aunt Amanda

IMG_0562     Kaitlyn aggravating an little Beetle

IMG_0589 Laura, Kelly, Baby Ella and Meredith

IMG_0591 The girls with the Clemson Tiger

IMG_0599 IMG_0593 Kaitlyn right up in James Davis’s face – He know plays for the Cleveland Browns – She doesn’t miss out on much

IMG_0610 IMG_0628 IMG_0615 IMG_0613

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weston is 2 Years’s old & Hurricane Helene

Boy How Time Flies!

1 Year Old Birthday Party