Kaitlyn is 15 months old!

Boy how time flies! Kaitlyn had her 15 month check up today and poor thing has a double ear infection.  Both of the girls have been sick for the last few days.  Addison thankfully did not have an ear infection.  We went ahead and killed a  few birds with one stone today at the doctor’s office  by getting in Kaitlyn’s 15 month check up, Kaitlyn sickness check  and Addison sickness check and a flu shot for each of them.  Kaitlyn weighed 23 and 12/16 pounds and was 32.5 inches long and Addison weighed 29 10/16 pounds and was 39 inches long.  The doc tor said Kaitlyn was right on track and for us to slowly take the pacifier away from her.   The doctor also confirmed it is time to commit to potty training Addison so Ah!!!!  if anyone has any suggestions please share!  I am off work next Wednesday and go back the following Tuesday so I am thinking this would be a good time. 

Addison and Kaitlyn have become quite the funny pair.  Kaitlyn has begun in the last week really watching Addison and following everything she does.  So when Addison pulls a chair up beside me when I am cooking in the kitchen Kaitlyn pulls a chair up or gets on the chair with Addison which doesn’t end greatly.  When Addison climbs up in a chair Kaitlyn is right behind her.  Kaitlyn has learned to wave and say “Bye Bye”.  Her word vocabulary consists of Mama, Mimi, Dada, Nana, Jeff and DogDog, Baby.  Her top molars are currently trying to come in right now and she is drooling a lot.  Addison just says some of the craziest things! She has picked up “Bull Crap” from someone.  I am assuming she learned this from her daddy because I heard him say it the next day after she had said it.  She knows her alphabet and can count to 20.  She says our blessing most of the time and thanks God for everyone in our family including aunts, uncles, pets…  People say she definitely gets that after her mom since I am a long winded prayer.  Both girls have had to adjust to a lot recently due to Nana and Pappy not being able to keep them for about the last month.  Pappy Frank has been in the hospital for a while but was recently  able to come home.  Nana is focusing on taking care of Pappy Frank so in the meantime the girls are going to Pre-school more days and then staying with wonderful Kim Maltby and her children or sweet Rachel Williams comes to our house and keeps the girls after preschool.  I have been taking my lunch hour to pick the girls up from preschool and bring them home to the babysitter or take them to the babysitters house.  I am very thankful that the girls have adjusted well.  I know they miss their grandparents and hopefully soon they will be back with them.  Addison has officially dropped her second nap and Kaitlyn will still take two when she is home all day. 

Recent Trips -

We took the girls to their first Clemson Football Game and they had a blast!  My mom, the girls and I stayed outside of the stadium during the game.  We had fun walking around and playing in the big open field beside the stadium.  I was able to take Addison in the stadium for the last 8 minutes of the game because they opened the gates and she was so tired she fell asleep in my arms and we were right behind the band!

We went to Wilmington in October for cousin Claire’s first birthday! My mom and dad and the girls headed out on Friday morning at 6 am and got there in time to eat lunch with my sister on her lunch break from work.  We had a really good time.  Claire loved her birthday cake and is so sweet and cuddly! Addison loves her cousin Claire.  Claire actually ruled the roost out of the three of the girls.  It was quite funny.  On Saturday night after the party we dressed them up and took them to a trunk or treat.  Kaitlyn was a ladybug and Addison was a ferry.  They enjoyed and it didn’t take Kaitlyn long to get the hang of putting your basket out and someone would put candy in it.  We came back on Sunday and made it back in time to go trick or treating again with daddy in Hendersonville.  We took the girls to the neighbors and then to a neighborhood where the homes are real close together.  They had a blast! 

Last weekend Josh went hunting in Georgia so I decided to take the girls and spend the weekend with Brock, Miranda and Mimi and Pappy Ken.  We stayed with aunt Miranda and uncle Brock and had a lot of fun!  I am not sure if they knew what they were getting into by letting us stay there or not.  Kaitlyn poured a whole cup of coffee on their carpet.  Thank goodness their carpet was the same color.  I got to do some shopping on Saturday due to the help of Mimi and Pappy Ken helping with Addison and aunt Miranda and uncle Brock keeping Kaitlyn most of the day.  

This coming weekend we are going to the Christmas parade and are excited about that and then for Thanksgiving we are staying here and are excited about aunt Jenny coming into town.

IMG_2457

 IMG_2465

IMG_2474

IMG_2479 Kaitlyn sleeping during the game in Mimi’s arms

IMG_2483

IMG_2488 Addison at the game – They both played really hard and eventually crashed.

IMG_2493 On the kitchen counter eating cheese standing on the same chair.

IMG_2505 Kaitlyn showing us her belly

IMG_2523Kaitlyn in her big pink bow I bought her. Josh hates it! So he is very glad that I lost it somewhere.

IMG_2538  Mimi gave Kaitlyn a bath in the sink after she ate.  She is a very messy eater and when she is done she is done and starts throwing her food or putting it in her hair!

IMG_2553Playing on rocks together at Nannie and Pappy Bill’s house

IMG_2561  Addison and her Nannie

IMG_2597 Addison dressed up as a ferry before preschool

IMG_2630 Kaitlyn and Pappy Ken at Claire’s 1 yr birthday party

IMG_2633 Miss Claire enjoying her birthday cake

IMG_2640 Kaitlyn at the trunk or treat

IMG_2647 Kaitlyn realizing their is candy in the bucket for her

IMG_2651 Back in the car looking at all of her candy

IMG_2667 The three girlsIMG_2674 Mimi decorating Addison’s ferry face for the second round of trick or treating on Sunday

IMG_2685 Big Sissy Addison holding Kaitlyn’s hand as they walk to the next houseIMG_2687 Visiting Pappy on Halloween Night

IMG_2706Friends night over at Kelly and Josephs’  house

IMG_2709 Kelly is holding Addison for me until the baby in her belly is here!

Comments

Claudia said…
wow Potty Training ... let's see, I'd say look for signs that she's ready bc if she's not you are going to work yourself up for nothing, if they're not ready they're just not ready.

Can she pull her pants by herself (up or down or both?)
does she seem uncomfortable after she has pooped on her diaper?
Does she show any interest when you go to use the bathroom?

I know when we did it with Nicolas he asked me to take his diaper off ... and while I was with him I sat him on the potty every 15 to 20 minutes until I could get a good feel of how often did he really needed to pee.

We use a chart with stickers, so everytime he pee he got to put a sticker on the chart - that was a big treat for him somehow, no nothing happened after you filled up the chart :) He was just happy pealing stickers and putting them on the chart that was placed in front of the toilet so he could see it when he was sitting on it. Some people use M&Ms or candy, i didn't want to do any sugary stuff ... I know what it does to my child when he has sugar so no thanks!

#1 was the easy part ... #2 was harder, I remember cleaning poop from every possible place :( BUT somehow he did it and we are good, he still wears a pull-up at night and I'm in no hurry to take it out bc he still wakes up wet most of the time.

Search for Potty Training tips on BabyCenter.com ... I didn't do pull-ups if we were going to stay home, only did pull-ups during the day when we needed to go somewhere, I bought the extra padded underwear at babies r us and it helped when he had accidents ... best of luck and remember if she doesn't seem ready don't push it, it takes time, patience and consistency.

Let us know how the progress goes.
Laura said…
Thanks Claudia, she has all of the signs to say she is ready that is a great idea about the stickers! And someone told me about the padded underwear so I will get some of those. Thanks girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Weston is 2 Years’s old & Hurricane Helene

Boy How Time Flies!

1 Year Old Birthday Party