Christmas 2009
Well this last month has flown by! It has been really busy and packed with trips, Christmas, New Years... I did enjoy the few days I got off for Christmas to spend more time with the girls. I believe Addison really enjoyed this Christmas. She really got the hang of opening presents. I believe she got to open presents for 7 days straight from the ones my aunt Doris sent in the mail that got here early to ones that she opened from family a few days after Christmas. Also Addison has really increased her vocabulary. She pretty much tries to say everything. She still loves us reading her books. She now commands us to "sit" on the couch and then she brings us a book. She does the same with her play kitchen. She tells us to "sit" right in front of her kitchen for us to play with her. We have to tell her no sometimes so she learns we can't always do whatever she wants us to do... :) She is getting a little more interactive with Kaitlyn sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a bad way. She will hug her and give her a kiss but she will also throw things at her sometimes. We are not sure how intentional it is but I am pretty sure somewhat intentional. Addison has laughed at Kaitlyn a few times and that is sweet to watch.
As far as Kaitlyn she is still such a sweetheart. She is sleeping consistently through the night. She goes down around 9-9:30 and I get her up around 6- 6:15 am. Unfortunately we are going to have to put her in a helment to correct her flat head on one side. We took her to a specialist and they confirmed what we were thinking. They said it could have even gotten flat when in the womb if she favored a particular position. I noticed it before 2 months and I did everything I could to try to get her to lay on the other side of her head. I put a toy in her crib for her to look at. I switched her toys around on her play mat. I had everyone hold her differently... But she would still always lay on that side of her head so I knew it wasn't getting any better. We are currentlyfighting with the insurance right now to be able to get the helment from the specialist we went to since they are out of network it has been an issue. She should be wearing it within 2-3 weeks and then she will have to wear it for 23 hours of the day for about 8 weeks. So at least it is not for 5 months or longer. I will post a picture of it when she gets it. Kaitlyn has figured out how to roll over on her tummy and look around from a different view. I think she has been doing this since right before 4 months old. Kaitlyn will be 5 months old on January 17th! I can't believe it! She is still getting all breastmilk and I am very thankful for God allowing me to have enough of a milk supply to not have to supplement formula. She takes a bottle pretty well most of the time but it does have to be warm. For now we are just glad she takes a bottle. We will have to start weaning her off the warm milk soon though.
I will write about my crazy scare right quick that I went through last week . So... I went to my OBGYN last Tuesday to get my IUD since we are not planning on having any more children for a while and maybe never (We will just have to see...). So the nurse called me back and she told me I had to do a pregnancy test before they could do the procedure so I said, "Okay but if you tell me I am pregnant you will have to send me to the Loony Bin. "The nurse laughed and then she said you are good its negative and then a few seconds later she said, "Uhmm no you are not, The other line is appearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I just looked at her in complete shock! She tried to show me and I told her I couldn't look. I had a million things going through my head especially "How in the world would I take care of 3 small children and be a good mother to all 3!!!!!!!!!! She could tell I was quite upset so she just stood there for a moment and then she told me that they actually had had a few false positives recently and maybe that is what was going on. She asked me to do another test so I certainly did and that one came back negative. So she asked my doctor what she thought about this and Dr. Arcara felt I was not pregnant but that she wanted to do a blood test to make sure and that we couldn't do the IUD that day. So I had to wait till the afternoon of the next day to hear back from the blood results. Needless to say I was a little nervous. I was in class all day the next day and I had quite a hard time paying attention until I got the call from their office. When I finally did hear from them, the lady on the phone told me it was negative and I was very relieved. So that is my crazy story.
Comments
If I may say, there's nothing wrong with Kaitlyn wanting her milk warm, really? how long does it take to warm ... few seconds?? Nicolas still likes his warm (more like without the chill from the refrigerator) my mom warmed my milk 'til I was old enough to do it myself (no microwave back then) so I'm all for it :O) he he he. Tell her she can come to my house and I'll always warm her milk for her.
I can not imagine the scare at the OBGYN, I think I would of taken off running and gone a-wall for a few hours ... Praise God it was just a scare girl.
Love ya!! (I've enjoyed so much seeing you - even if for little bits this past times)
Kelly B.