Kaitlyn Leigh Simpson


I am still looking for a piece of furniture for here but no luck yet
We decided to keep the day bed in the nursery because we use it so much


"The Nursery"


Addison not so sure about what mama is holding


Mommy and Kaitlyn in front of her crib

How precious she is

Addison and her friend Madeline who is expecting a sibling also

Mimi with her two little granddaughters



Kaitlyn's first bath

First Doctor's Appointment

Holding both of my little angels, Addison is not too sure about sharing mama

Daddy having some skin to skin time

First day we were home Addison trying to figure out what is in her old swing
Leaving the hospital to take our bundle of love home for the first time

Josh took it easy on my hospital bed and took advantage of the Boppy while I went to get my massage.

Josh's mother with Kaitlyn

First time Addison saw her little sister

My mom who has also helped me out tremendously over the last few weeks.
My best friend Kim who has helped me out tremendously with both girls over the last few weeks.

My father holding Kaitlyn for the first time
First time Josh held Kaitlyn


First picture taken of Kaitlyn.

I love this picture! This is the Saturday before I had Kaitlyn on Monday.

Well, I have finally found the time to get on here and write about Miss Kaitlyn. Although I am not sure if I have really found the time because Kaitlyn is crying as we speak. I just took both girls on a walk and Kaitlyn fell asleep and then when we got back to the house I tried laying her down and she woke up. She hasn't went back to sleep yet and it has been 30 minutes. So we will see what happens. Anyways...
Miss Kaitlyn was born on August 17th at 4:11 pm. She weighed 8.1 pounds and was 21 inches in length. I had decided if Kaitlyn did not come by her due date that I would induce on the Monday after her due date so that is what I did. I had hoped she would come on her own and I could experience going into labor but oh well. Being induced is nice for planning. I only had to push for about 10 minutes and then during those 10 minutes the doctor had to tell me to stop pushing so she didn't come out too fast. My mom and Josh's mom were in the delivery room with us. I was so happy to let them experience that. My initial reaction when Kaitlyn came out was that she was so small. I had wanted her to be at least 7 pounds and I was thinking she weighed like 6 pounds because she looked so small but she weighed 8.1 pounds to my surprise. I love how the doctors and nurses encourage skin to skin as soon as possible after birth. I got to hold her right after she was born for at least 10 minutes before they cleaned her and measured her. I delivered her at the new baby wing at my hospital and it was very nice. Josh paid for me to have a post partem massage on Tuesday and to relax in the spa tub also. I think every new mom should get to do this! It was great!

Kaitlyn is a very laid back baby over all. When we put her down to sleep she really doesn't cry that much or none at all. She grunts a lot and makes many high pitched noises. It is so funny. I don't remember Addison making these noises. We have had to monitor her for Hyper or Hypo thyroidism since I have Hyperthyroidism and have to take medication for it. That has been hard for me and for Kaitlyn because they have had to draw blood from her on three different occassions and each time they had to squueze her little heel for at least 15 minutes in order to get three tubes of blood while the whole time Kaitlyn is screaming. But the good news is that her doctor called last week and said her levels were normal and they were not going to have to monitor her anymore! Praise the Lord! Thank you to those who have prayed for that. As far as Addison during all of this she has done so well. She is a great big sister. She wants something to do with her sometimes and then others she ignores her but I guess that is to be expected. Addison helps tickle Kaitlyn's feet when I nurse and she hugs and kisses her. Addison has certainly though found a new love for her old objects such as the swing and the bouncer. Addison will swing in the swing and sit in the bouncer. It is so funny and she loves to buckle the straps on the swing, the carrier and the bouncer.
Addison seems to have gotten so big the day Kaitlyn was born. Her feet got bigger, her hands larger, she got taller and more mature looking. I am sure it is a figment of my imagination but that is what it seems. I am sure it is because I was comparing her to Kaitlyn. Addison is now 17 months old! She is saying lots of words now and she loves to dance. She will pull your hand for you to get up off the couch to dance with her. She will start dancing when she hears the ringer of a cell phone or a song on the television. It is so funny. Addison has just started recently trying to eat with a spoon. I guess it is going pretty well. I just have to realize that she is going to get food everywhere. She is still sucking her thumb and loves to rub the silk on anything that has silk. One day she came out of our room with a silk night gown of mine. It was so cute. Addison has thrown just a few all out temper tantrums but has thrown down many items on the floor when she gets up set. This is getting better after we did a time out one time as a result of her throwing the remote on the floor and then she wouldn't pick it up. The time out session ending up lasting at least 30 minutes because she couldn't calm herself down. It made me very scared of her stubborness. (sp?) But since then she has been much better at throwing things down, not perfect but better. Well I guess I will post some pictures. And if you are wandering what I did about Kaitlyn I finally figured she might be hungry because she doesn's usually cry for that long so I nursed her while typing which is a first and now she is asleep in her bassinet. I am a slow writer in case you are wandering.

Comments

Katie K said…
So good to see all the pictures! You are a beautiful family of four! We love you guys.
Claudia said…
I remember when you used to say that you were learning things from me when Addison was little ... and guess what? now I'll be learning things from you as I prepare to have two kids myself ... more power to you my friend.

The pictures are adorable and I love the fact that the girls are relaxed and had adjusted well to one another, I'm sure that has to do with you and your way to handle things.

Kaitlyn has changed so much already, that never stop surprising me, how kids grow and change so quickly.

You gotta tell me where do I call to schedule my massage at the hospital ... I WANT ONE!! :)

So glad and thankful you took the time to write on here.
Cara said…
Thanks for the update, I've been checking daily! :) Glad to hear everyone is adjusting well. Your pictures are great. Addison and Kaitlyn are both beautiful little girls! Your family is quite blessed.

Popular posts from this blog

Boy How Time Flies!

1 Year Old Birthday Party

The Beach Trip